Saturday, January 29, 2011

Verse MOUSE

One night I woke up hungry
And as I went to get some food
I saw a mouse run past me
And I though it very rude

He ran across my kitchen
And through a tiny door
It was way too small for me to use
So I lay down on the floor

What I saw when I looked in
You won’t believe at all
There was a whole mouse city
There behind my kitchen wall

The mice were dressed in old time clothes
And wandered down the street
Smiling at their fellow mice
And walking on two feet.

There were streets and sidewalks Shops and homes,
each one lit up bright
And many toys I though I’d though I lost
Were used by them each night.

Several of my wind up cars
were rattling down the road
and a toy truck I was missing
here hauled a cheesy load

When we moved I’d lost a train
A toy one very nice
But here it was inside the wall
And used by little mice

Tomorrow I would come back
And make a little noise
I’d have to ask the mayor mouse
To give back all my toys

But I was getting sleepy
So a grabbed a little snack
And thought of what I’d say when
In the morning I came back

When I woke up to the sunlight
I searched the kitchen wall
But couldn’t find the little door
It wasn’t there at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment