Saturday, January 29, 2011

Misc HERO STORY START

I grew up in the suburbs when that still meant barbeques and neighborhood kick the can games. That was before cul de sacs became literal dead ends. That was before the US government legalized forced poverty in order to make the rich richer. That was when we could still call the police or the fire department or an ambulance and have them actually show up.
That was when we actually had schools to go to that weren’t named after a corporation. That was when we were still that land of the free and the home of the brave.
I was too young to know why the neighbor houses went empty, why my friends had to move away. I was too young to know why I felt suddenly so alone. We lived in the only house that still had it's lights on at night. We might as well have lived in another country.
All of this was before the CIA or the “Corporate Insurance Act”, what we called the “Corporate Indulgence Act” whereby corporations could pay a simple fee based on the laws they had broken. The money went to the government. My family never saw a cent when our water went bad. All we received when my sister died was a letter that let us know the company responsible had paid their fine.
This is why I am who I am. This is why I am a criminal. This is why I became a "murderer". This is why I am wanted.

I think the day my name was mentioned along with Thomas Jefferson as a terrorist against the state was the proudest of my life, the second proudest…Well, that’s my story.

It started when a corporation was declared an actual entity, the same as a person, but unlike a person a corporation could not be thrown in prison, did not have to answer for it’s crimes. Those who actually committed the crimes never paid the price. To be sure, certain sacrificial lambs were offered up in the old days, but soon even that farce stopped.
Soon after, the companies were allowed to invest their money in political campaigns…as if they were individual citizens. Most of these companies weren’t even based in the USA.  

No comments:

Post a Comment