Friday, January 28, 2011

Lost Letter Dear Dave

I should note that I wrote this 2 years before the current world money situation.



Dave,

It seems like the airconditioning is making more noise than ususal. I guess I could have it fixed but I don't even know who to call. To tell you the truth, it's so old now that I'm not even sure the air coming out of it is any cooler than the outside. Maybe it's just the sound it makes that makes me feel cooler. A memory form a time when it worked, from a time a lot of thing around here worked including myself. I went for a walk today under a sky that felt like being trapped inside a beer bottle. I couldn't help but feel that somewhere up there, just beyond the last gray cloud there was actually a blue sky. Blue, you remember blue? I mean a real pure natural blue. The only blues I see these days are neon and bruises. Do people rust? It looks like everything around here is turning to rust. The cars, the buildings even the homeless guys are getting rusty. I don't think there's enough oil left in the ground to loosen up this town and to stop it from squeaking when the wind blows. You know Gerald's brother has a friend who drives a rig, he say's you gotta go about 400 miles in any direction before it feels like you've gone anywhere. Everything is just brown. He say's there's another hanging highway leading into Atlanta. I guess it's some kind of statement. He showed me a picture he took. These people climb up them really tall light poles they got lining the freeway and hang themselves. This photo just showed miles of bodies hanging in the air, way up there. There's no money to cut them down anymore so they just swing until the rope breaks guess. I heard these people just max out their credit, live like kings for a month or so and then end it as big middle finger to the banks. He had one picture of a guy hangin' in a tee shirt that said "Thanks for the ride." another one said "Coming out ahead, priceless." Seems
like all of them have some witty statement on their shirts. Reminds me of a kind of rotting, hanging Burma shave sign that goes on for miles. Well, you might be to young to remember Burma shave. I gotta go, the cat's at the back door again, I guess he wants me to share dinner again. I could use the company.

-Clemen

No comments:

Post a Comment